The Sound of Fractal Audio
The FM3 features our latest CYGNUS X2 Amp Modeling—a technology developed by Fractal Audio for the award-winning Axe-Fx III. It captures the sound — and the equally important feel — of real tube amps, with 300+ models offering an impressive range of clean tones, elusive “edge of breakup”, and everything from warm, touch-sensitive overdrive to face-melting modern distortion.
The FM3 also includes the entire speaker cab impulse response (“IR”) collection from the Axe-Fx III, with 2,200+ “Factory” choices and 1,024 “User” locations to store custom cabs, widely available for free and from commercial producers. Firmware 7 adds new DynaCab™ technology, giving you a visual mic-on-cab tone shaping experience that’s easier than ever before.
As a multi-effects unit, the FM3 truly excels. It includes a superb selection of Fractal Audio’s state-of-the-art effect algorithms. All of the essentials and many exciting innovations are on board: dazzling drive pedals, dozens of delays, reverbs, compressors, EQs, phasers, flangers and other modulation effects, a looper, and much more.
Playback, Record, Re-Amp
With a USB connection to a Mac or PC, the FM3 works as an extremely high quality 4×4 audio interface for playback, recording, and re-amping. This lets the FM3 double as the hub of a portable recording studio.
USB channels are mapped for ease of use. For example, to record the processed stereo output of the FM3, just record inputs 1 and 2 in the computer. Computer inputs 3 and 4 can be used to capture a DI, or to record input 2 L+R in stereo.
Computer playback is also easy and flexible. For studio work, you can mix a project and the FM3 to a single pair of connected monitors and transmit a separate DI to the FM3 for re-amping. For live performances, you can route the stereo FM3 and stereo backing tracks to different stereo outputs.
USB also allows 2-way communication between the FM3 and its companion software applications, FM3-Edit and Fractal-Bot.
Summary of Features
- FM3 is a compact floor unit with three onboard switches.
- 3-Core “Griffin” Processor plus dedicated GPU.
- Hundreds of accurate models with real tube amp sound and feel.
- Rugged steel chassis with protective endcaps and handles
- Features CYGNUS Amp Modeling developed for the Axe-Fx III
- Easy-to-use front panel interface, plus free FM3 Edit software.
- Includes all factory cabs from Axe-Fx III, plus 1,024 user cab slots.
- Ultra-low noise instrument input plus XLR stereo main outputs.
- Impressive multi-effects capability based on Axe-Fx III.
- Additional Stereo I/O Pair, plus headphone & SPDIF outputs.
- Uncompromising sound quality and road-worthy reliability.
- 4×4 USB Audio, 2 onboard switch/pedal jacks, MIDI In & Out/Thru
- Fantastically flexible 3-button integrated foot controller.
- Easy-to-Read precision Tuner with graph and virtual strobe displays.
- FASLINK II allows adding up to two FC-12/FC-6 controllers.
- Upgradeable firmware allows constant improvement and innovation