Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega 900 Watt Bass Head
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
2-4 weeks after placing the order.
The Alpha·Omega 900 takes the best elements of our most successful distortion preamplifier ever, combined with state of the art features to make a monstrous 900-watt amplifier with earth-shattering tone. While Darkglass' signature Alpha and Omega drive engines add incredible girth and size to the overdriven signal, the studio-grade VCA compressor adds an extra layer of control, and the ultra-quiet 6-band graphic equalizer can help sculpt the tone from aggressive and overdriven to crystal clear clean, whatever your needs may be.
That's not everything though, the MIDI programmability and impulse response cabinet simulation with up to three different storable virtual cabinets make the AO900 not only one of the most complete amplifiers for the touring musician but combined with the auxiliary input and headphone output, the ideal tool for silent practicing.
The Alpha Omega 900 amplifies the best qualities of one of the most powerful and distinct Darkglass products ever made.
Use this jack to connect your instrument via a standard ¼” mono cable.
Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
Use this push button to turn on or off the Alpha·Omega Engine™ to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage.
The Alpha·Omega Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 6-Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping).
Boosts high mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
This knob controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Alpha·Omega Engine. The make up gain is adjusted automatically. The compression can be turned off or assigned using the Darkglass Suite.
This knob controls the amount of distortion that the Alpha·Omega Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft, warm overdrive to a massive and modern distortion sound.
Use this knob to control Alpha·Omega Engine’s output volume.
Use this knob to mix between the Clean signal and the Distortion signal (Alpha·Omega Engine).
Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
Use this knob to change the volume of the signal before the Active 6 Band EQ. You can set it low for ensuring the cleanest operation possible or set it higher for a more aggressive growl.
+-12dB at 80Hz. Use this knob to change the low-end content of the signal.
+-12dB at 250, 500, 1.5K and 3Khz. This graphic EQ control the mid content of the signal.
+-12dB at 5kHz. Use this knob to change the high content of the signal.
Use this knob to control the overall volume of the amplifier.
Use this push button to mute the amplifier.
26.7cm l x 7cm h 25.5 w (10.5”l x 2.75”h x 10”w) / Weight: 2.9Kg (6.39Lbs)
· No user serviceable parts inside the amplifier. Do not open the amp.
· Never use the amp at a high moisture environment or near liquids.
· The Alpha·Omega 900 can deliver more than 115 dB of power. Exposure to this level of sound can damage your hearing. Use proper hearing protection if you will be exposed.
· The Alpha·Omega 900 can deliver more than 900 Watts. Be sure that your speaker cabinet is able to deliver that power. You can reduce the output of the amp by selecting the 2Ω mode on the rear panel (by the SpeakON output jack).
· Do not cover the vent holes. The Fan and vent holes are part of the cooling system of the amp. Covering the vent holes can damage the power amp by overheating it.
· Don´t use an instrument cable as speaker cable. An instrument cable is not designed to deliver the type of power signals sent from the amplifier to the speaker.